Sunday, January 2, 2011

Yes- a triumph over disorganization!

Ok well I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do this blog or not. I couldn't find the notebook with my ideas in it. Ironically I even have a backup notebook and I couldn't find that either! Of course they were both in the bottom of my cedar hopechest in my living room, which is currently hiding a whole hoard of paper clutter. Unfortunately it's not big enough and there are two boxes of more papers on top of the chest- lol so much for "hiding". Maybe I'll get up the guts to post a pic later...
Anyways just found the dang things (sidenote- yes dang sounds stupid but I'm trying to curb my swearing, at least in the purpose of making this blog as likable as possible- oops just admited I'm trying and am nervous about ppl liking my writing lol). So despite a late start (ideally was going to start on Jan. 1) I've got it off the ground:)
Today's (and yesterday's) vegan dish is pretty simple- Hopping John. What's that? Well it's essentially black-eyed peas (sans Fergie- sorry couldn't help myself) over rice. No recipe really- just lightly seasoned black-eyed peas and rice, preferably brown for added nutrition. Am I a lazy blogger for not including a recipe? Perhaps but if you are reading this, you obviously have internet access so just google "Hopping John recipe". Now who's the lazy one? JK:) Here's a good link that appears the tenth down on Google- http://www.dianaskitchen.com/page/beans/hopjohn.htm Unlike many "Hoppin' John" recipes (ugh- I hate improper spelling lol feel free to riducule my grammatical errors) there's no bacon, ham hock or butter. Therefore it's vegan:) BTW hopping john is said to be good luck because eatting humbly in the beginning of the year is said to begin future prosperity.

No comments:

Post a Comment