Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A litte late

Ok so babies are great, except when you are in one of those rare moods where you want to get something done. Something like, I don't know, cooking or blogging. I can type one hand and nurse or whatnot at the same time, but it's less than ideal and I'm more prone to errors.
So anyways, today we yet again did not go grocery shopping. I was debating getting something out but instead ate whatever random stuff I could throw together at home. I LOVE PB! It's a cheap protein source and mashed up with bananas- well it's simply divine! So I have been rolling in that stuff lately. Tastes like junk food but is rather healthy, though kind of higher in calories (more energy, right? for all that sitting on my bum I do...lol). So that and a PB&J on sprouted organic wheat bread with soy milk were my nourishment today. BTW I love organic all natural PB at Trader Joe's- only $2.99! I scrap the jar clean:) It comes in an unsalted version but after finally getting used to the unsweetened, natural PB the unsalted is a little much. I mean it's JUST ground peanuts...
Luckily I got slightly inspired before hubby got home from the swing shift. I made up frozen OJ. Then I heated up some frozen soup leftovers (French green lentils, browned onion and mushrooms, with corn, potatoes, carrots, zuchini and veggie broth) served with toasted bread and made a salad with the limp romaine and spinach in the fridge. Added some carrot and cucumber along with some almonds. We ate it with the last of Whole Foods brand Seasame Goddess dressing- only problem was it ran out:( SO good! Anyways, I'm not a total saint- begged hubby to bring home some dark chocolate, which often is vegan in that there is no dairy but unfortunately that's not the case with Hershey's Special Dark:( Don't ask how much I ate lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment