Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cooking- what's that? (and a short lactivist rant)

Ok so today (yesterday??? I am on such a weird sleep schedule. On the plus side pumping is most productive in the wee hours of the morning. Remember vegans- cows' milk is for CALVES aka baby cows, human milk is for HUMAN BABIES. http://www.peta.org/living/parenting/kids-dairy.aspx That and formula sucks balls. Oh and if you want to kevetch that breastmilk is too hard to find you need to check out Eats on Feets- http://eatsonfeets.org/ or look up your local chapter on FB.) Anyways as I was saying- today, we ate more leftovers/snack foods. I used up the remainder of the black bean dip (beans mashed with avocado and salsa) and finished off my bag of baked corn chips. Then ate the remainder of the humus and pita for dinner. So fairly easy meal and hubby was happy because there was food to eat:) Tomorrow I might get up the nerve to roll some veggie sushi with the other avocados I got. We'll see... this milk cow needs her rest. I am free range AND on organic vegetarian fed:) Can you imagine how much I could sell my boobie juice for? Unfortunately unlike conventional dairies, I would never get a gov't subsidy:(

No comments:

Post a Comment